Go To Search
GovernmentResidentsBusinessServicesHelp Center
Click to Home

Reporting Animal Issues

A Brief Summary of East Bethel’s Dog Ordinances
Any dog that is off the premise of the owner and not under restraint is considered AT LARGE. If you have a dog that you let run, and the dog leaves your property, you are in violation of city ordinance.

No dog shall be allowed by its owner to run at large. The police or agent of the city will pick up and impound any dog found in violation of this section. If you see a dog running at large and can’t contain the dog, please contact the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at 763-427-1212

If you contact the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office to dispatch a deputy to the area of a reported dog running at large, the deputy will be instructed to issue a citation to the dog owner, once the dog has been restrained.    

Whenever a dog is taken off the property of the owner, the handler of the dog must pick up the dog excrement, unless the handler of the dog has the express approval of the property owner to leave the excrement. The police or agent of the city shall pick up and impound any dog found in violation of this ordinance.

It shall be unlawful for any person to own, keep, have in possession, or harbor any animal which frequently and habitually howls, yelps, barks, or otherwise causes serious annoyance or disturbance to persons or to the neighborhood as indicated in the city ordinance.

For further information, please click on the link for the East Bethel City Code – Chapter 10, Animals.

Impounded, Lost or Found Dogs

The city contracts with an Animal Control Officer, Tammy Gimpl of Gratitude Farms.

If a dog at large is contained, please call Animal Control and the Animal Control Officer will come to pick up the dog. Animal Control will only pick up dogs.

To retrieve impounded dogs, owners can call Tammy Gimpl at 763-331-2275. The owner will be required to pay impound and maintenance fees upon receipt of the dog. If the dog is not licensed or vaccinated, those items would need to be taken care of. Dog licenses can be obtained at East Bethel City Hall for free with proof of rabies vaccination. A dog license cannot be issued without a current rabies vaccination.

If you need assistance with a domestic animal such as a dog or a cat, you need to call East Bethel’s Animal Control Officer. She can help you with issues such as stray dogs, stray cats, spay and neuter programs, vaccinations, licenses, pet adoption, bite reports, lost pets, and to report neglected or abused animals.

For questions or concerns involving animal issues contact East Bethel’s Animal Control Officer, Tammy Gimpl, at 763-331-2275.

Animals picked up by Animal Control are boarded at a licensed kennel for up to six days. Found pets will be listed on Facebook along with scanning them for a chip. Homes may be found with interested parties for unclaimed adoptable animals.