Go To Search
GovernmentResidentsBusinessServicesHelp Center
Click to Home

When do I need a permit? (Below are a few examples)
Building Permits are required to construct, add to, alter, remove, demolish, or repair a structure. Permits are required for any alterations or remodeling to your home. Permits are required for basement finishes, re-roofing, re-siding, swimming pools, garages, sheds, decks, gazebos, porches, etc. A building permit is required before you begin construction.

Mechanical Permits are required for the installation or replacement of mechanical systems in new and existing structures. This includes Air Conditioners, Air to Air Exchangers, Furnace and Garage Furnaces, and Gas Fireplaces.

Plumbing Permits are required for fixtures in new construction or alterations in existing structures. Permits for plumbing include new construction installation, water heater replacement, lawn irrigation/sprinkler systems, radiant floor heating, and furnace replacement.

Septic Pumping Permits are required to pump a septic tank. The licensed septic pumper will obtain the permit. The cost of the pumping permit is $5.00. If you need a list of licensed septic pumpers or need a copy of the city septic ordinance please contact the Building Department.

Septic Installation Permits are required to install new septic systems and repair existing septic systems. A design for new system or repair work should be submitted to our office by a licensed septic designer. After approval, a permit is issued to a licensed septic installer and an inspection of the tanks and system is required. If you need a list of septic designers and installers please contact the Building Department. Please use the As-Build form for submitting septic design.

Septic Pumping Permits - Contractor Information For the convenience of contractors, septic pumping permits may now be printed from the City of East Bethel website. Please complete the permit/report and include a check or money order made payable to the City of East Bethel. Send your permit/report and payment to City of East Bethel, 2241 221st Ave. NE, East Bethel, MN 55011. Attn: Building Division.

Please forward your permits/reports and your fees by the last day of every month. Cost for each permit is $5.00 and may be forwarded with the permits at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please contact the Building/Inspections/Ordinance Enforcement Dicision at 763-367-7844.

Building Inspections

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a permit and arrange for inspections?
2. When do I need a permit? (Below are a few examples)
3. Why do I need a permit?
4. How long does Plan Review take?
5. How do I obtain a permit?