This morning, the City of East Bethel issued a Local Emergency Declaration, following the emergency declaration by the Federal and State governments this past Friday.
This declaration has been made in the interest of safety for our residents, our visitors, and our employees. The City has been following the COVID-19 issue closely, and has implemented several changes in line with the recommendations of the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Effective immediately, the following changes will be implemented by the City:
City Hall Operations:
- All day-to-day services will remain open with procedures implemented to promote social distancing. Barriers have been installed at the counters to provide at least 6 feet of separation.
- If your business with the City can be conducted by phone or via email, we ask that you use these alternate means of reducing personal contact.
Public Facility Use:
- All activities at city-owned facilities have been suspended through April 15. This includes the Community/Senior Center, Whispering Aspen Community Center, and the Ice Arena.
- City Council meetings will be held as scheduled. Several changes will be made to the Council Chambers to reduce risk of exposure, but the meetings will remain open to the public.
- Unless you have direct business with the City Council, we request that you observe the City Council meetings remotely on either Cable Channel 10, the City website, or on YouTube.
- Unless there are persistent and essential actions needed, the EDA, Planning, Roads, and Parks Commission meetings may be postponed. Please check the City website for updates on these meetings.
- All City parks and trails will remain open to the public. Park pavilions will not be available for rental at this time.
These changes have been made to help reduce the risk of exposure. Through the cooperation of everyone, we will see through this crisis. Every little precaution we take helps to control the spread of this virus.
As a reminder: wash your hands after any contact, and maintain social distance of at least 6 feet.