The City of East Bethel hosts multiple recycling events throughout the year: East Bethel held a Fix-It Clinic on Saturday, August 7, 2021 at Booster West Pavilion #1. It was really interesting to see how so many items could be taken apart and fixed! We had fixers who were very good at fixing everyday household items like vacuums, lamp, CD player and a circuit board. 90% of the items brought in were fixed. We saved 44.8 pounds from going to the landfill.
A Drop-Off Saturday event is offered on the last Saturday of every month, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) at our Recycling Center. Please note: No garbage or household hazardous waste will be accepted. Some items have limited quantities that can be dropped off. New this holiday season, you can drop off your unwanted holiday lights at our Drop-Off Saturday events.
Please see our most recent Drop-Off Saturday flyer for more detailed information.
Some items are accepted free of charge; there is a small fee for other items:
- Electronics: free (CD/DVD/VCR player, computer, cordless tool, fax, printer, scanner, vacuum cleaner, etc.)
- Fluorescent bulbs, limit of 10: free
- Tires: $5
- TVs (price varies by size)
• small TVs and monitors under 28", limit of 3: free
• large TVs are 28"+ and/or consoles: $20/lg
- Any of the materials accepted every day at our Recycling Center: free (aluminum cans, antifreeze, appliances, automotive batteries, glass, paper products, scrap metal, tin cans, and used oil/oil filters)
We do not accept plastic or wood items. It is not intended for businesses.
Drop-off Location at City Hall
Drop-off these items at East Bethel City Hall during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.):
- Lithium and rechargeable batteries only (no automotive; alkaline batteries can go in the garbage)
- Computer printer cartridges, inkjet and laser
- Hearing aids
- Cell phones
- Eye glasses
- Weight slips
- Worn and torn flags (to be retired)
For additional information on recycling in East Bethel, please all City Hall at 763-367-7840.
Anoka County has created a great resource for residents to find where you can dispose of items that we don’t collect at our Recycling Center. The Anoka County Recycling Directory will let you search for the item you want to recycle or where it needs to go. Also, there’s an app for that! In Anoka County there’s a free app for iPhone and Android users that puts a master list of everything that can be recycled - and where it needs to go - right in the palm of your hand. The app is a database specifically for Anoka County residents. You can download the free app in the Apple Store and on Google Play.