he City of East Bethel hosts multiple recycling events throughout the year: East Bethel held its first Fix-It Clinic on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at the East Bethel Senior/Community Center. It was really interesting to see how so many items could be taken apart and fixed! We had eight fixers who were very good at fixing everyday household items like sewing machines, coffee maker, crockpot, cassette deck, and more. Thirteen people brought 23 items to be fixed. Fifteen items were fixed. We saved 89.28 pounds from going to the landfill.
East Bethel’s Fix-It Clinic is scheduled for Saturday, August 7, 2021 at the East Bethel Senior/Community Center.
There will also be Fix-It Clinics held throughout Anoka County during 2021. Coming soon dates, times, and locations, visit Anoka County Recycling and Resource Solutions. This event is for residents who need their own items fixed. It is not intended for businesses.
A Drop-Off Saturday event is offered on the last Saturday of every month, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) at our Recycling Center. Please note: No garbage or household hazardous waste will be accepted. Some items have limited quantities that can be dropped off. New this holiday season, you can drop off your unwanted holiday lights at our Drop-Off Saturday events.
Please see our most recent Drop-Off Saturday flyer for more detailed information.
Some items are accepted free of charge; there is a small fee for other items:
- Electronics: free (CD/DVD/VCR player, computer, cordless tool, fax, printer, scanner, vacuum cleaner, etc.)
- Fluorescent bulbs, limit of 10: free
- Tires: $5
- TVs (price varies by size)
• small TVs and monitors under 28", limit of 3: free
• large TVs are 28"+ and/or consoles: $20/lg
- Any of the materials accepted every day at our Recycling Center: free (aluminum cans, antifreeze, appliances, automotive batteries, glass, paper products, scrap metal, tin cans, and used oil/oil filters)
It is not intended for businesses.
Spring Recycling Day - Canceled
Once a year, in the spring, the city also holds a Recycling Day. This is a larger event, and a wider variety of materials are accepted for recycling. Watch for an advertisement in the city newsletter or call city hall. Please see our Spring Recycle Day flyer for more detailed information. Spring Recycling Day will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the East Bethel Ice Arena.
This event accepts all the same materials accepted at the Recycling Center (except food/beverage cans), with the same guidelines, plus:
- Appliances - fee
- Batteries - rechargeable/automotive
- Bicycles, used
- Computer - laptop or tower - Free
- Electronics - small/medium/large - fee
- Fluorescent bulbs - fee
- Food shelf donations
- Furniture - small furniture, couch, hide-a-bed - fee
- Hearing aids
- Cell phones
- Eye glasses
- Lawn equipment - fee
- Mattress - fee
- Printer cartridges
- Scrap metal - remove all non-metal materials
- Tires - fee
- TVs - fee
Drop-off Location at City Hall
Drop-off these items at East Bethel City Hall during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.):
- Lithium and rechargeable batteries only (no automotive; alkaline batteries can go in the garbage)
- Computer printer cartridges, inkjet and laser
- Hearing aids
- Cell phones
- Eye glasses
- Weight slips
- Worn and torn flags (to be retired)
For additional information on recycling in East Bethel, please all City Hall at 763-367-7840.
Anoka County has created a great resource for residents to find where you can dispose of items that we don’t collect at our Recycling Center. The Anoka County Recycling Directory will let you search for the item you want to recycle or where it needs to go. Also, there’s an app for that! In Anoka County there’s a free app for iPhone and Android users that puts a master list of everything that can be recycled - and where it needs to go - right in the palm of your hand. The app is a database specifically for Anoka County residents. You can download the free app in the Apple Store and on Google Play.